UPDATE: Hanover County authorities said they have safely located 14-year-old Destiny Ford.
HANOVER COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A 14-year-old girl is missing after being last seen near Ashland Tuesday evening.
Hanover authorities hope the public can help with locating Destiny Rena Ford. According to the Hanover County Sheriff’s Office, she was in the area of Lewistown Road and Ashcake Road.
Deputies described her as having short brown hair, brown eyes, lip piercing on the right side and a nose piercing on the right side. She stands 5-feet-3-inches. She was last seen wearing black jeans, white shoes and a tie-dye multi-colored hooded sweatshirt.
She may be in the Richmond area.
8News reached out to deputies and asked if the 14-year-old was in danger. Deputies say Ford left on her own accord, and is not known to be in any danger “but needs to be located.”
If you’ve seen her, please contact the Hanover County Sheriff’s Office at (804) 365-6140 or the Metro Richmond Crime Stoppers at (804) 780-1000.
- StormTracker 8: Clearing skies and patchy fog tonight
- VDH suspends permit for Calabash Seafood in Mechanicsville
- Body found in private pond in Amelia County
- New Zealand has gone 100 days without community transmission of COVID-19
- Delta bans 100 passengers from taking flights and adding them to a “no fly” list for refusing to wear masks