HANOVER COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Deputies say seat belts likely saved the lives of four adults after the vehicle they were in hydroplaned and struck a tree.
The vehicle lost control, veered off the roadway and struck a tree near Scotchtown Road around 9 p.m., deputies told 8News.
Wet roads were a factor in the crash, Hanover deputies added. All four involved suffered minor injuries.
The Hanover County Sheriff’s Office used this incident to remind drivers that Greenwood Church Road is currently dealing with a lot of standing water. In addition to multiple back roads that remain flooded, deputies urged drivers to exercise caution while commuting throughout the county.
- Richmond crews battle fire on Cutshaw Avenue
- House catches fire on Carolina Avenue in Richmond
- ‘Nobody deserved that’: Those who knew man killed in Richmond hit-and-run plead for justice
- Scholars urge Biden to stop Title 42 expulsions and Mexico to end arrest of migrants
- Tyrannosaurs may have hunted in packs like wolves, new research shows