HANOVER COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A three-vehicle crash involving two tractor-trailers has slowed down traffic Tuesday on Interstate-295 south at Creighton Road in Hanover County.
One of the drivers in the crash was taken to the hospital with serious injuries, police said.
An investigation from Virginia State Police indicates that a pickup truck traveling south on I-295 veered over and struck a tractor-trailer, which then hit another tractor-trailer traveling south.
The tractor-trailer that was initially hit by the truck ended up in a ditch partially overturned after hitting a guardrail after over correcting.
According to state police, all the drivers were wearing their seat belts. The pickup truck driver suffered serious injuries and was sent to a hospital for treatment.
The two tractor-trailer drivers are believed to OK after being checked out at the scene. An investigation into the crash is ongoing.
VDOT says the right southbound lane is still closed but that the backup has cleared.
Stay with 8News for updates.
- Richmond police says it ‘will enforce all laws appropriately’ as questions about the city’s gun ban mount
- UVA basketball game against NC State postponed
- Virginia rescue group puppies to star in 2021 Puppy Bowl
- Governor Northam provides remarks at 5th annual Brown Virginia Dr. King Day of Action
- The TEP Center: An Integrated School, turned into a Community Center