HANOVER COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Hanover County Public Schools announced on Twitter today that its winter sports season will start on Jan. 4, 2021.
Earlier this month, the district suspended all sports activities in response to a rise in COVID-19 cases. Ultimately they have decided to resume the sports program next month.
However, HCPS said all programs, tryouts and practices at all schools will remain suspended until the first day after Winter Break.
“We remain concerned about the increase in the number of COVID-19 cases reported recently in our county and school division. We will continue to monitor this closely and make any decisions regarding sports or our daily operations that may be necessary,” HCPS tweeted.
In addition, the district’s sports competitions will be limited to Hanover schools and there will be no middle school winter sports.
Since middle school sports will not be permitted, 8th graders will be allowed to try out for high school teams.
You can find more information about this announcement here.
- Hotel housekeeper took women’s panties from guests, left note with phone number, police say
- Timeline for Trump incitement impeachment trial still uncertain
- SLIDESHOW: Funny memes of Bernie Sanders and his Inaugural mittens is the gift that keeps on giving
- Chiefs’ Mahomes cleared to play in AFC championship
- D-coordinators bring head coaching chops to NFL title games