HANOVER COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Virginia State Police have identified John P. Ryan, 24, of King William, VA., as the man killed in a two-vehicle crash while driving a moped.
The crash happened at Route 360 near Route 605, at 5:39 p.m. Friday night in Hanover.
Investigators said Ryan was heading west on Route 360 on a 2019 Tao Tao Moped when he was struck in the rear by a 2007 Ford Econoline Van, driven by, William J. Christian, 31, of Aylett, Virginia.
Ryan died at the scene, and all westbound lanes of Route 360 were shut down.
The other driver, Christian was wearing his seatbelt at the time and was not injured.
Charges are pending, and the crash remains under investigation
- Stafford County Fire and Rescue extinguishes structure fire early Saturday morning
- PHOTOS: Trump formally nominates Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court
- Richmond Fire Department fights two fires on Saturday
- StormTracker 8: Cloudy with patchy fog tonight
- Tapped in: Restaurants prepare how to stay safe and accommodating as outdoor dining goes into the fall