HANOVER COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Virginia State Police have identified John P. Ryan, 24, of King William, VA., as the man killed in a two-vehicle crash while driving a moped.
The crash happened at Route 360 near Route 605, at 5:39 p.m. Friday night in Hanover.
Investigators said Ryan was heading west on Route 360 on a 2019 Tao Tao Moped when he was struck in the rear by a 2007 Ford Econoline Van, driven by, William J. Christian, 31, of Aylett, Virginia.
Ryan died at the scene, and all westbound lanes of Route 360 were shut down.
The other driver, Christian was wearing his seatbelt at the time and was not injured.
Charges are pending, and the crash remains under investigation
- Bullets pierced Henrico home with people inside, officers say
- No. 6 Florida State rallies past No. 11 Louisville 82-67
- Police: Argument led to aggravated assault, stabbing in Richmond
- Juvenile shot in Richmond, suffers minor injuries
- Dead body found by man clearing brush in Richmond, police say