HANOVER COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A single-vehicle rollover crash in Hanover County Tuesday claimed the life of a 33-year-old Maryland man.
According to Virginia State Police, a 1997 Ford Ranger was traveling north on Interstate 295 near Route 360 in Hanover County when a back tire blew out.
The driver was attempting to move the vehicle to the left shoulder when she ran off the road, troopers added.
MORE TRAFFIC ALERTS: Major backup in Richmond; 6-mile backup on I95 in Petersburg
“The vehicle went down into a ditch, hit an embankment and rolled over,” troopers said.
The passenger, Chad W. Weber, 33, of Havre de Grace, Maryland, was ejected from the vehicle and died at the scene. He was not wearing a seatbelt.
The driver, who was properly restrained, suffered serious injuries.
An investigation is ongoing.
- Buildings damaged, glass shattered after protests in Richmond turn violent
- Goochland County School Board votes for virtual reopening plan
- Powhatan school board approves Confederate flag ban
- Second stimulus checks: Why $1,200 payments aren’t expected in August
- Police: Chesterfield man shot during robbery attempt, suspect on the run