NEXTSAR — Walmart’s website temporarily crashed on Thursday as the PlayStation 5 released for sale online through the retailer, according to the website DownDetector and multiple users on Twitter.
The Walmart Twitter account is busy replying to several customers upset that they were unable to buy the popular holiday item when it released for sale through the retailer at 12 p.m. ET.
Many users say they had the item in their cart and were ready to checkout but were unable to process the transaction.
As of 1:45 p.m. E.T., the company’s website is back online, but the PS5 is sold out.
Walmart said customers will have the opportunity to buy the console again at 3 p.m. E.T., 6 p.m. E.T., and 9 p.m. E.T. on Thursday.
The PlayStation 5 is currently not available for sale in Walmart stores.
- StormTracker8: Tropical Depression Claudette makes an exit soon; Another hot day ahead to start the workweek
- Charlotte City Councilmember suggests arresting people who give money to the homeless
- ABC holding ribbon-cutting ceremony for new headquarters and distribution center on Monday
- Heavy rainfall and flash flooding expected along North Carolina coast through Monday morning
- Senate set to take up voting rights bill