HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — One person was killed and two others were injured following a crash on Interstate-64 Wednesday morning.
It happened at Exit 178 (West Broad Street) around 2 a.m.
Police said a 2018 Nissan Altima traveling west on I-64 took the exit ramp, ran off the right side of the road and struck a tree.
A passenger, Denise S. Abraham, 33, of Sacramento, California was taken to Henrico Doctor’s Hospital where she was pronounced dead. A second passenger, a 26-year-old female, also from Sacramento, California is being treated at VCU Medical Center for life-threatening injuries.
The driver, Sheonta D. Malbrough, 29, of Sacramento, California was taken to Henrico Doctor’s Hospital with non-life threatening injuries. She was charged with DUI and involuntary manslaughter. Speed was also a factor in the crash, which remains under investigation.
- Maryland Walmart employee becomes unlikely viral sensation
- Ryan Newman walking around, playing with daughters in hospital 2 days after Daytona 500 wreck
- Burger King launches new ad featuring moldy Whopper
- Arkansas police officer volunteers for “daddy-daughter dance”
- Little girl stabbed at Texas McDonald’s