2-year-old Henrico boy dies after swallowing pills

Henrico County

HENRICO COUNTY, Va. – Police are conducting a death investigation after a 2-year-old boy swallowed pills Friday afternoon.

Sources tell 8News that police responded to the 1800 block of Binford Lane following reports that a 2-year-old boy ingested prescription medication. 

The boy was taken to VCU Medical where he was pronounced dead. The body was transported to the Chief Medical Examiner’s office for an autopsy. 

8News has learned that Kejon’s mother was arrested March 30 for possession of a controlled substance unrelated to his death. Chesterfield Police responded to a report of cardiac arrest March 22 and an investigation indicated that she had overdosed. 

Family spokesperson Ricky Johnson says the family is mourning and believes more information will eventually emerge.

“The justice system is going to take its course,” said Johnson. “We have a family that’s going through a whole lot right now. Talking to neighbors and friends right here in this community they’re all devastated.”

The Criminal Investigative Section is investigating the case. 

Stay with 8News for updates. 

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

StormTracker 8

Trending Stories

More Trending Stories

Local Events