HENRICO, Va. (WRIC) — Virginia State Police said a driver was killed in a roll-over crash in Henrico County Tuesday morning.
Henrico Police responded to a single-vehicle crash that closed the ramp from I-64 eastbound to I-295 southbound.
Crews on the scene told 8News the crash happened around 2:45 a.m. According to authorities, the driver was going at a high speed when his Nissan Altima went off the road, flipped several times, and struck several trees.
The male driver was pronounced dead at the scene, VSP said.
As of 6:10 a.m., the on-ramp is open. Drivers should proceed with caution, as workers will remain on the shoulder of the roadway for the next couple hours, Henrico authorities said.
VSP said the driver’s remains were transported to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner for identification. Stay with 8News for updates.
- ‘The perfect versatile palate to support storytelling’: Why Virginia has become a hotspot for the film industry
- Henrico gun store burglarized 3 times since December wants ‘justice’
- Census Bureau’s new ad campaign targets minorities
- USDA moving forward with new SNAP regulations
- Chelsea Manning renews effort to end jail term in Virginia