HENRICO, Va. (WRIC) — Virginia State Police said a driver was killed in a roll-over crash in Henrico County Tuesday morning.
Henrico Police responded to a single-vehicle crash that closed the ramp from I-64 eastbound to I-295 southbound.
Crews on the scene told 8News the crash happened around 2:45 a.m. According to authorities, the driver was going at a high speed when his Nissan Altima went off the road, flipped several times, and struck several trees.
The male driver was pronounced dead at the scene, VSP said.
As of 6:10 a.m., the on-ramp is open. Drivers should proceed with caution, as workers will remain on the shoulder of the roadway for the next couple hours, Henrico authorities said.
VSP said the driver’s remains were transported to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner for identification. Stay with 8News for updates.
- StormTracker 8: Areas of fog then partly sunny
- Commission to mute microphones in next presidential debate
- Pres. Trump, Joe Biden in dead heat in Georgia, NewsNation/Emerson poll shows
- Park Police officers indicted in death of unarmed Virginia man out on bail
- Stimulus update: Pelosi, Mnuchin ‘narrow differences’ ahead of House speaker’s Tuesday deadline