HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A Sandston man was killed in a single-vehicle crash on Beulah Road in Henrico County Friday morning.
According to police, the crash occurred shortly before 8 a.m. in the 300 block of Beulah Road, near the entrance to Seven Pines Elementary School. No children were involved in the crash.
The man, who has been identified as 49-year-old Gary Eugene Ricker, was transported away from the scene but later died.
“Our thoughts are with the family during this tragic incident,” Henrico Police said in a release.
The normal drop-off for students was detoured to Huntsman Road, though police said all school functions continued operating on a normal schedule.
Beulah Road has since reopened, though the investigation is ongoing.
This is a developing story. Stay with 8News for updates.
- StormTracker 8: More clouds tonight; Rain on Sunday
- Man linked to fatal shooting in Petersburg arrested
- NHL’s Coyotes dismiss draft pick who bullied Black classmate
- No. 1 Clemson rallies in 34-28 win over Boston College
- Raiders struggling on defense face Browns on Sunday