HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Douglas S. Freeman High School is one step closer to choosing a new mascot and nickname. The school announced this summer that the “rebel” nickname no longer fits their core values.
The Douglas S. Freeman community created a survey in hopes of answering the key questions, “What do we stand for, and how can we best represent that?” They then worked with students from the VCU Brandcenter to come up with four final name options.
The options are: the mavericks, the pioneers, the trailblazers or united.
The high school is looking for more feedback on the final names and then they will make a decision in November.
- Texas 3-year-old dies after accidentally shooting himself during his birthday party
- Biden has 3-point lead over Trump in Texas, poll shows
- FBI investigating fire set in Boston ballot dropbox
- Senate to confirm Amy Coney Barrett’s Supreme Court nomination
- Crater Health District reports substantial community spread of coronavirus