HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Douglas S. Freeman High School is one step closer to choosing a new mascot and nickname. The school announced this summer that the “rebel” nickname no longer fits their core values.
The Douglas S. Freeman community created a survey in hopes of answering the key questions, “What do we stand for, and how can we best represent that?” They then worked with students from the VCU Brandcenter to come up with four final name options.
The options are: the mavericks, the pioneers, the trailblazers or united.
The high school is looking for more feedback on the final names and then they will make a decision in November.
- Thieves swipe woman’s 500-pound safe filled with treasures, including lock of Alexander Hamilton’s hair
- ‘We had a guardian angel’: Woman impaled by tree limb has 7 broken ribs, husband says
- Soul of RVA: Richmond Black Restaurant Experience
- ‘You don’t look that sick to me’: Vaccine rollout breeds mixed emotions
- Bryant & Stratton College