HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Members of a Henrico church had to be evacuated after a small fire broke out before Sunday service.
Emergency crews responded to the fire at Hunton Baptist Church located on the 11100 block of Greenwood Road at 7:32 a.m. A church member called 911 after smelling smoke.
Henrico Fire said they found a light haze in the church.
“A small fire was in the attic above the educational rooms,” Henrico Fire said in a release.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
The 11 a.m. service will go on as scheduled. However, childcare, Sunday school and evening activities are canceled.
- McConnell on GOP’s COVID stimulus bill: Some relief is better than none at all
- Second stimulus checks: No relief deal until after election, report suggests
- Louisa man gets 10-year sentence for drugs, guns possession
- Senate Republicans ramp up support for Barrett confirmation ahead of first vote
- Army veteran, former high school athlete coaches perseverance