HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — In an initiative to help park visitors relax and spark creativity, new installations at three Henrico public parks have been unveiled.
The ‘Art Nooks’ are mounted, decorative cabinets filled with free-to-use art supplies. All visitors have to do is scan a QR code on the box, which will then provide a code to open the locked boxes. Users are only asked to return the art supplies when they are finished.
The Art Nooks were placed near picnic shelters at Deep Run, Dorey, and Echo Lake parks, through a partnership between 4 Art 2 Heart, Henrico 4-H and the Henrico County Division of Recreation and Parks.
The project was designed and initiated by sisters Rithanya and Nikhita Saravanan, who teach art classes through their nonprofit 4 Art 2 Heart.
- Endangered missing 13-year-old girl found safe, Virginia State Police say
- StormTracker8: Mighty Cold for Saturday morning; balmy next week
- Actress Melinda Dillon, of ‘A Christmas Story,’ dies at 83
- Here’s how much it costs to go to Super Bowl LVII
- Students ‘terrified’ after active shooter confusion leads Alabama police to wrong school