HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Henrico County is seeking volunteers to help distribute personal protective equipment and health information to several communities.
The effort, which is set to take place Thursday, Aug. 27 and Friday, Aug. 28, will distribute 20,000 reusable cloth face coverings, bottles of hand sanitizer and informational materials packed in care kits for targeted neighborhoods throughout the county. The Virginia Department of Emergency Management (VDEM) and the state Health Equity Working Group are partners.
“There isn’t a greater responsibility for a local government than the health and safety of its residents, and Henrico is grateful for these additional resources in the fight against COVID-19,” said Monica Smith-Callahan, deputy county manager for community affairs. “Henrico is excited to participate in the Health Equity Pilot Program and to join with VDEM to help ensure that all residents receive the support and resources they need during this pandemic.”
- StormTracker 8: Dry today; rain for Thanksgiving
- 5 wanted for using counterfeit bills at Chesterfield-area Walmart
- Publix in Chesterfield latest target in string of grocery store robberies
- Dr. Avula: Community spread contributes to more nursing home staff unknowingly transmitting COVID-19
- What’s your preferred way to cook a turkey? Most in Virginia say…