HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A woman struck while crossing Staples Mills Road Valentine’s Day morning has died, according to police.
The incident occurred Friday morning on the 2400 block of Staples Mill Road, near Bethlehem Road. The victim was identified as 41-year-old Shelly Johnson.
According to police, Johnson was rushed to a nearby hospital with ‘critical injuries.’ Officers say she was heading to a convenience store when she was struck by a Hyundai sedan.
PREVIOUS COVERAGE: Pedestrian in critical condition after being struck on Staples Mill Road
The driver reportedly remained on scene and assisted with the investigation.
Police add speed nor alcohol were factors were in the crash.
- ‘The greatest challenge of my career’: Richmond nurse set to help COVID-19 patients in flooded New York City hospitals
- Lawmakers and organizations want more resources for teachers and students
- ‘Coronavirus: Facts Not Fear’ evening update – April 1, 2020
- Juvenile recovering after shooting at Wawa
- 11 dead at Henrico rehab center due to coronavirus