HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A bicyclist was injured following a hit-and-run crash, according to Henrico Police.
It happened in the 11000 block of Nuckols Road just after 3 p.m.
Police said one adult male was taken to the hospital with “significant” injuries.
“It is alarming for first responders because it impacts us to when we see those in our community that are injured,” said Lt. Matt Pecka.
Friday afternoon’s incident was the second hit-and-run officers have probed. Earlier in the day, an 89-year-old woman was struck and killed.
Henrico Police reminded drivers who are involved in any type of crash to “immediately stop, take account of that crash.”
“Once you leave and there’s injury, it becomes a felony,” he added. “So, we want to make sure that during this holiday season everyone arrives home safe to their loved ones.”
Anyone with information relative to both incidents is asked to contact police at 804-501-5000 or 804-780-1000.
- Get in the holiday ‘spirit’ with Sam’s Club’s new wine advent calandar
- Game 1 of Astros-Twins to lead off MLB playoff coverage on ABC
- Trump claims he paid ‘millions’ in taxes despite returns showing he paid $750 in 2016, no taxes some years
- Armed carjackers steal vehicle and cell phone in Henrico, police searching for suspects
- Police arrest man for malicious wounding at the circle on Monument Ave