HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Henrico Police say they have a person and a vehicle of interest in a fatal hit-and-run crash that killed an 89-year-old woman last December.
Pending further investigation, officers are not releasing that information to the public at this time.
Police said Rosa Brown was killed two days after Christmas. Investigators say a vehicle traveling south on E. Laburnum Avenue near Bolling Road hit Brown, who was walking on the road’s shoulder.
- 89-year-old woman struck, killed by hit-and-run driver in Henrico County
- Family remembers 89-year-old woman killed in Henrico hit-and-run
A grief-stricken neighbor told 8News in the aftermath of the crash that Brown was a kind woman with grandchildren.
“It’s terrible you know, that no one stopped to see if she was OK. What if she could have been saved?” Erin Yates, Brown’s neighbor, asked through tears.
Anyone with information is still asked to contact Henrico Police.
- Great 8 Weekend Events: Mardi Gras RVA, Drag Bingo, 80s Sunday Brunch and more!
- Maryland Walmart employee becomes unlikely viral sensation
- Ryan Newman walking around, playing with daughters in hospital 2 days after Daytona 500 wreck
- Burger King launches new ad featuring moldy Whopper
- Arkansas police officer volunteers for “daddy-daughter dance”