HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A pedestrian was fatally struck Friday night while trying to cross Nine Mile Road in Henrico County.
Police responded to the intersection of Nine Mile Road and Newbridge Road at 7:20 p.m. for reports of a crash. Officers learned at the scene that a pedestrian, who was not identified, was hit by a car traveling east on Nine Mile Road while trying to cross the road, police said.
Nine Mile Road, between Forest Avenue and Newbridge Road, is currently closed as authorities investigate the crash.
The pedestrian died from the impact, police said, and the driver of the vehicle is cooperating at this time.
Stay with 8News for updates to this developing story.
- StormTracker 8: Scattered thunderstorms; possible flash flooding
- Newsfeed Now: Man hangs off semi; Biden picks running mate
- Coronavirus update: Virginia’s COVID-19 cases rise by 776 on Wednesday
- Alaskan officials identified the killer in 1996 cold case murder of teenage girl; Arkansas suspect commits suicide
- Viral video shows man hanging off back of truck at high speeds in Colorado