HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A pedestrian was fatally struck Friday night while trying to cross Nine Mile Road in Henrico County.
Police responded to the intersection of Nine Mile Road and Newbridge Road at 7:20 p.m. for reports of a crash. Officers learned at the scene that a pedestrian, who was not identified, was hit by a car traveling east on Nine Mile Road while trying to cross the road, police said.
Nine Mile Road, between Forest Avenue and Newbridge Road, is currently closed as authorities investigate the crash.
The pedestrian died from the impact, police said, and the driver of the vehicle is cooperating at this time.
Stay with 8News for updates to this developing story.
- CDC says 14-day quarantine can be shortened to 10 days, 7 with test
- Lundy scores 32, Dread hits 3 at buzzer as Penn St beats VCU
- Russell Westbrook traded to Wizards in exchange for John Wall
- Family members demanding answers from Richmond Police after horrific Thanksgiving crash
- Police arrest man linked to early morning Hopewell gas station shooting