HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A pedestrian was fatally struck Friday night while trying to cross Nine Mile Road in Henrico County.
Police responded to the intersection of Nine Mile Road and Newbridge Road at 7:20 p.m. for reports of a crash. Officers learned at the scene that a pedestrian, who was not identified, was hit by a car traveling east on Nine Mile Road while trying to cross the road, police said.
Nine Mile Road, between Forest Avenue and Newbridge Road, is currently closed as authorities investigate the crash.
The pedestrian died from the impact, police said, and the driver of the vehicle is cooperating at this time.
Stay with 8News for updates to this developing story.
- Hampton Roads Human Trafficking Task Force sees increase of victims, especially minors, during pandemic
- Tijuana police clear out criminal element who prey on border commuters
- EXCLUSIVE: Farmers trip Mexican president’s plan to settle water debt with US
- Cancer medications in short supply as hospitals battle COVID-19 south of the border
- Trump expected to announce conservative Barrett for court