HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A pedestrian was fatally struck Friday night while trying to cross Nine Mile Road in Henrico County.
Police responded to the intersection of Nine Mile Road and Newbridge Road at 7:20 p.m. for reports of a crash. Officers learned at the scene that a pedestrian, who was not identified, was hit by a car traveling east on Nine Mile Road while trying to cross the road, police said.
Nine Mile Road, between Forest Avenue and Newbridge Road, is currently closed as authorities investigate the crash.
The pedestrian died from the impact, police said, and the driver of the vehicle is cooperating at this time.
Stay with 8News for updates to this developing story.
- Biden to put forth new virus strategy exactly a year after 1st confirmed case in US
- ‘She did not die from COVID’: Son says cause of mother’s death inaccurate
- Government offices in Prince George closed until March 1
- StormTracker 8: Morning clouds giving way to sun
- Fauci says US will remain WHO member, join global coronavirus vaccine program