HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A Henrico road will be closed until Wednesday due to railroad repairs.
The railroad crossing on S. Laburnum Avenue near I-64 will undergo repairs from Nov. 18 to Nov. 20. The maintenance project involves replacing rail, installing crossties, surfacing the track with rock ballast and repaving the crossing approach, according to Norfolk Southern.
One man who lives near the construction, Brian Lee, spoke with 8News on Monday about the impact it could have on drivers.
“Laburnum has a lot of traffic coming up and down the roads everyday,” Lee said. “They recently posted the sign up probably last Monday with the sign here, saying it’s going to be closed down for two days or so. So we have got proper notification.”
Drivers should use Nine Mile Road to avoid the closure. If you ride the GRTC bus, here is a detailed plan of the detour.
Stay with 8News for updates.
- Coronavirus relief: When will lawmakers reach deal on more help for Americans?
- A two-week shut down is a possible option in Virginia to stunt COVID-19 spread after Thanksgiving
- Henrico woman pleads guilty to directing laser pointer at police plane
- Chesterfield police investigating stabbing
- US agency ascertains Biden as winner, lets transition begin