HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Henrico police officers were shot at while executing a knock and announce search warrant Thursday morning, police said.
According to the department, a resident on 5600 block of Crenshaw Road shot at officers who were performing the warrant. Officers did not return fire instead they negotiated with the residents to exit the home, HPD said in a release.
No officers or residents were injured during this incident. The investigation is on-going.
More Crime Coverage From 8News
- A Washington man has been charged in the death of a fellow prisoner at Virginia's notorious Wallens Ridge State Prison, a supermax facility at the state's western edge.
- Anyone who recognizes the suspect is asked to call Fredericksburg Police at 540-373-3122.
- Two people are in custody following a reported barricade incident in the town of Luray in Page County.
- The Virginia Department of Corrections has announced that two suspects connected to separate inmate deaths inside different facilities have been indicted.
- A man is in custody following an investigation by the Richmond Police Department into a homicide in the neighborhood of Jahnke.
- According to VCU Police, the robbery took place on the afternoon of Sept. 23 on the 700 block of West Main Street. The victim reported being approached by a man who tried to take their bag. When the victim resisted, the man took out a magazine from a firearm before taking the bag.
- Richmond Police Department is seeking the public's assistance in identifying the driver involved in a hit-and-run incident in downtown Richmond.
- Henrico County Police Division is seeking the public's assistance in identifying a suspect accused of burglary.
- Police have arrested a 38-year-old man and charged him with murder.
- Police in Chesterfield are looking for a man they say stole credit cards from vehicles before using them for "high-dollar purchases" at several stores.