Small Henrico house fire caused by heating blanket

Henrico County

Photo: 8News Reporter Autumn Childress

HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Henrico firefighters were able to contain a small fire this morning on Kingsthorpe Terrace.

According to authorities, a small fire was caused by a heating blanket. The fire was contained to a room.

Residents were alerted by their smoke detector and closing the door to the room helped contain the fire, Henrico Battalion Chief Southall told 8News at the scene.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

StormTracker 8

Trending Stories

More Trending Stories

Local Events