HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A Virginia woman and an infant were killed in a two-vehicle crash on Interstate-295 in Henrico County over Labor Day weekend.
Virginia State Police responded to the northbound lanes of I-295 at the 25-mile marker at 5:24 p.m. on Sept. 6. Authorities said Tuesday that a 2008 Acura TL was traveling north on the interstate when the driver of the vehicle, identified as 31-year-old Erica K. Dixon, ran off the left side of the road and crossed the median, driving into oncoming traffic.
Dixon, of Williamsburg, Va., hit a 2014 Honda CR-V and was killed in the crash. She was wearing her seat belt. An infant passenger died from his injuries after being taken to VCU Medical Center, according to state police.
The crash remains under investigation.
Stay with 8News for updates.
- No complaints yet filed against woman attacking border-wall protesters on video
- Austin business gets virtually cheesy to help West Coast cheesemakers impacted by fires
- Man reunited with late wife’s photo after it blew away during Hurricane Sally
- Could polls be wrong? Here’s Trump’s path to winning November’s election
- Thousands of airline employees face furlough on Oct. 1 without relief from Congress