HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A water main break near Cambridge Drive and Poplar Forest Drive in Henrico County has cut service for at least 50 customers in the area on Tuesday.
Henrico County’s Department of Public Utilities told 8News a contractor is currently working to repair the break and expects all water service in the area to be restored before midnight.
It’s been more than 24 hours since a pipe burst caused the water main break. Fluctuating temperatures are likely the cause, the county’s Department of Public Work said.
8News spoke with the mother of a 6-year-old girl who woke up to the sound of construction crews and realized she had no water.
The Lexington Court nursing home and Canterbury Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center are both in the area, but DPU says service has already been restored to the rehabilitation center.
“It’s a little nerve-wracking to see that there isn’t any water,” said Henrico resident Amanda Burbey. “And kind of just like the list of things runs through your head – what do I need water for? Can we get through our day? And definitely some relief when that water came back on.”
DPU is providing bottled water to customers affected.
- ‘Honor a Hero Project’ creates shirt in memory of Officer Katie Thyne
- Largo woman arrested for asking 911 how to file for divorce, police say
- Report: Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash that left no survivors
- North Carolina man accused of keeping sex slave for 5 years
- UPS training thousands of drivers to spot, report human trafficking