Henrico fire displaces one person, responders blame candle

Local News
King George Ct 2_1550453027340.jpeg.jpg

HENRICO COUNTY, Va (WRIC) – Investigators blame a candle for starting an apartment fire that left one person without a home.

In a release sent to 8News, Henrico fire officials say just after 4:30 this afternoon Henrico firefighters responded to the 3600 block of King George Court for reports of smoke coming from an apartment.  

Firefighters arrived to find smoke pouring from a first-floor apartment of a two-story apartment building. 

The person living there was not at home at the time of the fire. 

  No residents or firefighters were injured.

The Red Cross is helping that displaced person. 

Henrico Fire reminds everyone to never leave candles or incense burners burning unattended.

Find 8News on TwitterFacebook, and Instagram; send your news tips to iReport8@wric.com.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

StormTracker 8

Trending Stories

More Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Local Events