HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A Henrico woman went into a local convenience store for some headache powder when she thought to pick up a scratch-off lottery ticket. When Olga Ritchie got home from Tony’s Market on Mechanicsville Turnpike she said she almost fainted, but not because of her headache.
“I couldn’t believe my eyes!” Ritchie told Virginia Lottery officials. “I almost fainted!”
She scratched off her Mega Money ticket and found out she had just won its top prize: $500,000. Ritchie, who has worked in the same job for 42 years, told lottery officials that she plans to save her winnings towards her retirement and update her home.
Ritchie didn’t really talk much with officials about her headache after winning.
“Turns out it was just my lucky day,” she laughed.
- Tractor-trailer crashes into median on I-95 S in Hanover County
- Despite record turnout, Dems worried about voter suppression
- Henrico parents asked to share how they want their children to finish the school year
- Pres. Trump, Biden campaign across the Midwest Friday
- Lawmakers urge seniors to stay safe when voting during the pandemic