LOUISA COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — The Louisa County Sheriff’s Office has canceled the AMBER alert for 7-month-old Killian Briers.
The Sheriff’s Office sent out a release shortly after 5:30 Wednesday morning saying the child had been located safely and the abductor was in custody.
Killian had been last seen on Sunday. An AMBER alert was first issued last night and officers believed the infant was abducted by his mother, 35-year-old Lauren Lloyd.
More Crime Coverage From 8News
- A jury has found Jesus Turner guilty of first-degree murder and all other charges associated with the death of Markiya Dickson. The 9-year-old was shot to death at a Memorial Day cookout in 2019.
- A former caseworker at the Richmond Department of Social Services plead guilty to committing mail fraud to divert income and food-related benefits to herself, according to the Department of Justice.
- The Henrico County Police Department is investigating a shooting in the county's west end.
- The Richmond Police Department has arrested a man suspected of assaulting a Richmond police officer.
- A man is in the hospital after being shot Tuesday night on Hull Street Road.
- Wisconsin woman accused of bomb threat at ex-fiance’s party: 'I'll kill him before he marries someone else'A Green Bay, Wisconsin woman allegedly made a bomb threat after her ex-fiancé decided to go ahead with a party for their wedding day, without her.
- The Stafford County Sheriff's Office arrested what could be either an unconventional or unsuccessful bank robber on Monday.
- A Tennessee woman is facing federal charges after United States Postal Service investigators say she mailed packages containing human blood-stained feminine products and feces to her husband's former wife.
- The ex-wife of James Earl Ray, the man convicted of assassinating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., was arrested in Jackson on animal cruelty charges.
- UPDATE: Police identify man shot and killed by officers following convenience store armed hostage situation in LurayOne man is dead after he took two hostages inside of a convenience store on West Main Street in Luray, Virginia. He was shot and killed by police after exiting the store with a gun pointed at officers.