RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden announced it would rehire employees in select positions after receiving a CARES Act Paycheck Protection Program loan.
This news comes in after the garden announced major layoffs earlier this month, cutting its workforce by 83% because of the coronavirus pandemic.
Lewis Ginter will be re-hiring the following positions:
- Board Liaison and Stewardship Manager
- Events Coordinator
They said they were hiring these positions because they met emergency caretaking priorities such as ensuring the viability of the garden in the face of the COVID-19 closure and maintaining the property’s garden and infrastructure.
The announcement said the term of employment will only be until June 15, since the PPP funding only lasts eight weeks. Employment is not guaranteed beyond then.
Lewis Ginter still does not know when it will re-open to the public.
Want to apply?
Click here to apply online. If you’re applying for a job that you already held, an application is not required. If you have any questions email the email@example.com.
- StormTracker 8: Sunshine returns, breezy & cooler
- Scott, Graham meet with SCOTUS nominee on Capitol Hill
- Back to Chesterfield classrooms: District begins phased approach for returning students
- Man clinging to life following Richmond shooting
- Fact check: A look at claims from Trump and Biden’s first debate