CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Three local counties are joining as one in the fight against racial injustice and economic inequality.
Chesterfield, Henrico and Hanover counties say they are committed to working with community members to overcome injustice while providing education on legal protections against discrimination and harassment through the ‘Know Your Rights’ campaign.
The campaign is a regional effort to provide resources about education, voting, healthcare, housing, public accommodation and more.
Federal laws protect individuals from discrimination or harassment based on sex, race, age, disability, color, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion and genetic information.
- Buildings damaged, glass shattered after protests in Richmond turn violent
- Goochland County School Board votes for virtual reopening plan
- Powhatan school board approves Confederate flag ban
- Second stimulus checks: Why $1,200 payments aren’t expected in August
- Police: Chesterfield man shot during robbery attempt, suspect on the run