CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Three local counties are joining as one in the fight against racial injustice and economic inequality.
Chesterfield, Henrico and Hanover counties say they are committed to working with community members to overcome injustice while providing education on legal protections against discrimination and harassment through the ‘Know Your Rights’ campaign.
The campaign is a regional effort to provide resources about education, voting, healthcare, housing, public accommodation and more.
Federal laws protect individuals from discrimination or harassment based on sex, race, age, disability, color, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion and genetic information.
- Petition to stop Amazon founder Jeff Bezos from returning to Earth after space trip nears 40,000 signatures
- Will Smith opening up, will release memoir ‘Will’ in November
- It’s here — the best deals of Prime Day 2021
- Vehicle overturns into James River Sunday, causing one death
- 8 kids in youth van among the 13 lives lost to Claudette