LOUISA COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Deputies in Louisa County say the man who drowned in Lake Anna last Sunday has been identified.
Nathaniel R. Mines, 50 of Alexandria, was on a small flotation draft when deputies say the wind blew him “a considerable distance from his boat.”
- Unconscious man airlifted to hospital following boating accident on Lake Anna
- DGIF releases information about Lake Anna boating accident that claimed the life of Deep Run High School student Gabe Henderson
“He left the flotation and attempted to swim back to the boat. He was observed changing his mind and attempting to return to the raft, when he went under and his friends lost sight of him,” the Louisa County Sheriff’s Office added.
Preliminary information by witnesses said they had lost sight of Mines after he was seen swimming around the islands off of Duerson Point.
Mines’ body was later recovered by the Spotsylvania County Dive Team.
- Sources: Big Ten, other top conferences meeting to decide fate of 2020 college football season
- Robotic pets used to remedy loneliness in nursing homes across Alabama
- Activists rush to preserve artifacts of the modern civil rights movement
- StormTracker 8: Clearing skies and patchy fog tonight
- VDH suspends permit for Calabash Seafood in Mechanicsville