LOUISA COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Deputies in Louisa County say the man who drowned in Lake Anna last Sunday has been identified.
Nathaniel R. Mines, 50 of Alexandria, was on a small flotation draft when deputies say the wind blew him “a considerable distance from his boat.”
- Unconscious man airlifted to hospital following boating accident on Lake Anna
- DGIF releases information about Lake Anna boating accident that claimed the life of Deep Run High School student Gabe Henderson
“He left the flotation and attempted to swim back to the boat. He was observed changing his mind and attempting to return to the raft, when he went under and his friends lost sight of him,” the Louisa County Sheriff’s Office added.
Preliminary information by witnesses said they had lost sight of Mines after he was seen swimming around the islands off of Duerson Point.
Mines’ body was later recovered by the Spotsylvania County Dive Team.
- StormTracker 8: Overcast conditions; Monday Rain chances increase
- Senior alert canceled for missing Virginia woman
- Red Cross helps many displaced residents after four fires across the Richmond metro area this weekend
- Reigning champion Chiefs dump Bills 38-24 in AFC title game
- Reigning Super Bowl Champs KC Chiefs, going for back-to-back Super Bowl wins