LOUISA COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — An investigation is underway after a 51-year-old male was said to have drowned in Lake Anna on Sunday afternoon, according to Louisa County Sheriff’s Office.
Preliminary information by witnesses said they had lost sight of the male after he had been swimming around the islands off of Duerson Point.
The Louisa County Sheriff’s Office is not releasing the identification of the victim until after the next of kin are notified of the death.
This is a breaking news story and will be updated once further information is obtained.
- Chesterfield schools preparing for elementary students to return to in-person learning next week
- StormTracker 8: Rain departs; Winter Storm Looms
- Virginia health experts working with labs to find out how COVID-19 variants spread
- Judge: Charges still stand against pastor Tony Spell for violating COVID-19 crowd limits
- Protests after video shows police car driving through crowd of pedestrians in Washington state