PETERSBURG, Va. (WRIC) — A man is dead after being found suffering from bullet wounds at the scene of a crash on Interstate 95 in Petersburg on Sunday night. Virginia State Police responded to the crash near Wagner Road and mile marker 49 where they found the unresponsive driver.
The man had crashed a sedan and once on the scene of the crash police saw he had been shot. Aid was provided by troopers and EMS. The man was then taken to a hospital where he later passed away.
There were multiple bullet holes in the exterior of the car. A stolen firearm was found in the vehicle.
VSP says the sedan was traveling south on Interstate 95 when the driver ran off the right side of the. road, pulled back onto the road and then ran off the left side of the road and hit the guardrail.
This is a developing story, stay with 8News for updates.
- With more COVID-19 vaccine doses on the way, RHHD expands provider partnerships
- Former Miss Universe to consider run for governor of Baja California
- Raiders GM Mike Mayock: ‘Jury is still out’ on Trent Brown
- Boyhood home of Malcolm X gets historic designation in Boston
- ‘It’s not fair’: Rioter who put his feet up in Pelosi’s office complains to judge