HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — The Medical Examiner’s Office confirmed Tuesday morning that Bert Belasco III, an actor most known for his role on the BET TV show “Let’s Stay Together,” died of natural causes.
The office said his cause of death of hypertensive and atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease. Belasco was and was found dead in a Henrico hotel room last November.
The Henrico Police Department said they responded to a hotel located on the 1000 block of of Virginia Center Parkway for a medical emergency on Nov. 8. Once once scene, first responders said they found the 38-year-old actor dead.
Hotel staff told police they received a call to check on Belasco when family and friends could not reach him. They called 911 at 2:52 a.m., and Belasco was pronounced dead at the scene.
Belasco is most known for his role on the BET comedy, he has also made appearances in 23 other films and movies including “Pitch,” “Justified” and “NCIS: New Orleans.”
The actor was in town to film a new project. Yvette Nicole Brown, another actress, said she had just talked to Belasco the week before his death and he was excited about his new project.
- ‘Ace’ Baldwin makes season debut, VCU Rams beat Jacksonville State Gamecocks, 66-52
- Padilla: 700 military sites have toxic chemicals in water
- Michael Strahan’s Blue Origin space trip delayed
- Warehouse worker charged with stealing thousands in Nike products
- City of Richmond to investigate homeless shelter after poor living condition claims shared by 8News