NEW KENT COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — The New Kent County Sheriff’s Office is hoping locals may have some insight on a missing man whose vehicle was found abandoned.
Christopher McKinley Smith, 55, of the 20400 block of Tabernacle Road, has reportedly been missing since Jan. 4.
The vehicle Mr. Smith had been driving was towed off of Interstate-64 by the Virginia State Police after being discovered abandoned near the 199-mile marker.
Troopers add that Smith may be in the Williamsburg/Newport News area.
Smith is described by deputies as 5-feet-5-inches, weighing 180 pounds with brown eyes and black hair.
Anyone with information is asked to contact New Kent Sheriff’s Office at (804) 966-9500 or Crime Stoppers at (804) 780-1000.
- Coach Fuente hopes Hokies ‘able to play’ Wolfpack this week
- Everything you need to know: Ukrop’s Monument Avenue 10k
- Second stimulus checks: How SCOTUS battle could derail $1,200 direct payments
- University of Richmond’s president to step down in 2022
- Richmond’s emergency childcare intiative could start in next few weeks