UPDATE: As of 10:15 a.m. Friday morning customers in our area are still experiencing some power outages. In Richmond, there is one customer without power, 72 in Henrico and 356 in Chesterfield.
RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — More than 4,000 Dominion Energy customers are without power in the Richmond region.
8News’ Chief Meteorologist John Bernier reports showers and thunderstorms crossed over the metro area late Thursday evening, with the heaviest downpour circulating near the Hanover Courthouse. Storms are expected to lessen as the evening progresses, with many the area already seeing clear and sunny skies.
In Henrico County, more than 3,000 customers have lost power. Hanover County follows behind, with more than 300 customers reporting power outages.
MORE WEATHER: Saharan Dust could affect Central Virginia
Richmond and Chesterfield each report less than 250 customers without power.
Downed trees and downed power lines were also reported in various areas throughout Central Virginia. An 8News crew is working to learn more.
To get the latest and most accurate forecast in Central Virginia, click here.
- StormTracker 8: Rainy Friday; Umbrellas required
- President Trump expected to announce Supreme Court Justice pick Saturday
- Mnuchin and Powell urge support for unemployment relief and small business loans
- One hospitalized after rollover crash on Route 288 near Huguenot Trail
- Stimulus check update: Democrats prepare $2.4T virus relief measure