CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Chesterfield Police responded to a scene at around 8:30 p.m. Sunday night after an adult male pedestrian was struck by a vehicle.
The man was struck by a KIA Optima after attempting to run across the South bound travel lanes near the 6300 Block of Jefferson Davis Highway.
The victim was transported to an area hospital and later died as a result of his injuries.
The driver of the striking vehicle remained on scene.
Chesterfield Police will continue their investigation of the crash.
- Memorial Day draws big crowd to Windy Hill Sports Complex in Midlothian
- Celebrate National Wine Day with red, white and rose
- One year after Markiya Dickson’s death, loved ones arrange community car ride in her honor
- StormTracker 8: Warmer and more humid week on tap; showers to return
- ‘Memorial Day is about acknowledging these lives’: Virginia’s fallen heroes honored virtually