POWHATAN, Va. (WRIC) — The Powhatan Anti-Racism Coalition organized a march with about 150 to 200 demonstrators in the county on Saturday — with a goal of standing up against racism.
Organizers that 8News spoke with said that they walked nearly a mile from the ‘administration building’ to the Courthouse in silence.
Sounds of unison chanting could be heard — with sights of fists in the air, and a wireless microphone to amplify demonstrators’ voices during the march.
- “A pillar and stalwart.” Charlotte resident and oldest living American dies at 116
- Neighbor shares memories of family in deadly Chesterfield fire
- Jackson Ward 150th Anniversary: Mayor Stoney declares April 17th as Giles B. Jackson Day
- StormTracker8: Spotty Showers tonight; Clearing skies early
- Trooper shot in Bryan out of hospital, DPS shows support at son’s baseball game