POWHATAN, Va. (WRIC) — The Powhatan Anti-Racism Coalition organized a march with about 150 to 200 demonstrators in the county on Saturday — with a goal of standing up against racism.
Organizers that 8News spoke with said that they walked nearly a mile from the ‘administration building’ to the Courthouse in silence.
Sounds of unison chanting could be heard — with sights of fists in the air, and a wireless microphone to amplify demonstrators’ voices during the march.
- Commission to mute microphones in next presidential debate
- Pres. Trump, Joe Biden in dead heat in Georgia, NewsNation/Emerson poll shows
- Park Police officers indicted in death of unarmed Virginia man out on bail
- Stimulus update: Pelosi, Mnuchin ‘narrow differences’ ahead of House speaker’s Tuesday deadline
- Trump campaign asks for debate topic change