POWHATAN, Va. (WRIC) — The Powhatan Anti-Racism Coalition organized a march with about 150 to 200 demonstrators in the county on Saturday — with a goal of standing up against racism.
Organizers that 8News spoke with said that they walked nearly a mile from the ‘administration building’ to the Courthouse in silence.
Sounds of unison chanting could be heard — with sights of fists in the air, and a wireless microphone to amplify demonstrators’ voices during the march.
- Police remind locals to refrain from celebratory gunfire on July 4
- Operation Dry Water campaign warns against boating under the influence
- Couple gets COVID-19, mother gives birth before dying of virus
- Fireworks return to Mount Rushmore
- 8-year-old killed, 3 injured in shooting at Alabama mall