HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A 70-year-old Henrico woman died from injuries suffered in a two-vehicle crash on Tuesday afternoon, police said.
Authorities responded to the intersection of Darbytown Road and Turner Road after receiving a call about a crash in the area at 2:45 p.m. on July 14. According to a release from Henrico police, a Nissan Altima that was on Turner Road was stopped at the intersection when the driver “began to pull out across Darbytown Road.”
Police said a Ford F-250 truck traveling east on Darbytown Road struck the driver’s side of the Nissan. Louise Edwards, 70, was taken to the hospital where she died from her injuries.
“Speed nor alcohol are considered contributing factors in this crash,” Henrico police said.
- Henrico schools hosting ‘Listening Town Hall’ to get input on second nine weeks of learning
- StormTracker 8: Areas of fog then partly sunny
- Group of 50 Black churches in Hampton Roads calls on Trump to resign — but the GOP says the ministers should take pause
- Richmond Public Schools report ‘chronic absenteeism’ in first 20 days of school
- Commission to mute microphones in next presidential debate