COLONIAL HEIGHTS, Va. (WRIC) — There was a heavy police presence outside of the Buffalo Wild Wings on Temple Avenue in Colonial Heights.
According to authorities, officers responded to a reported shooting but when they arrived they found it was a verbal altercation. No shots were ever fired, police said.
No word on if anyone was charged or injured.
More Crime Coverage From 8News
- Richmond Police are investigating a homicide that happened Sunday afternoon.
- The Henrico Police Department said they have charged a 19-year-old woman with Saturday's fatal pedestrian hit and run.
- Six different shootings with at least six dead — all just within a week. Today, another shooting in Richmond, appears to be the seventh fatal shooting.
- The Petersburg Bureau of Police made an arrest in connection to a shooting. On Saturday, April 10, Petersburg police responded to the 200 block of E. Washington Street, for reports of a shooting.
- The Richmond Police Department told 8News they are currently conducting a death investigation on Stockton Street.
- The Chesterfield County Police Department needs the public's help in identifying a suspect who robbed the Family Dollar on Iron Bridge Road Sunday morning.
- The Chesterfield County Police Department responded to three separate shooting incidents late Saturday night and early Sunday morning.
- Sorrow filled the air for one Richmond family as they search for answers Saturday night. The family of 15-year-old JayWan Riley, who was shot and killed Thursday evening in broad daylight, fought through their tears, demanding justice for their loved one.
- The New Kent County Sheriff's Office is looking for suspects in connection to a larceny on Saturday.
- The Petersburg Bureau of Police is looking for a black Chrysler 300 that is wanted in connection to a shooting.