HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A death investigation is underway near the Edward E. Willey Memorial Bridge, according to the Henrico County Police Department.
The incident, which Henrico Police called a “suspicious situation,” is expected to cause delays on Chippenham Parkway.
Henrico Police sent an update just before 9 p.m. that asked drivers to “use caution as first responders remain on scene.”
Police add that the northbound lanes are now open to traffic, however.
There have been reports of a possible water rescue in the area and a spokesperson for the Richmond Fire Department told 8News that Henrico Fire was putting a boat in the water near the bridge.
Stay with 8News for updates to this developing story.
- Gobernador Northam y primera dama Pamela Northam dieron positivo por COVID-19
- Gov. Northam, first lady Pamela Northam test positive for COVID-19
- StormTracker 8: Rainy Friday; Umbrellas required
- Florida taxi driver caught sexually assaulting blind woman in cab, police say
- Dan, Tanya Snyder to quarantine following COVID-19 exposure, missing first game in 21 years