RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — The Richmond Police Department said they are investigating a vehicle crash that killed a young girl who was walking along the road Sunday evening.
At about 5:23 p.m. on Oct. 18, police said they responded to a two-vehicle crash that occurred at the intersection of Jahnke Road and German School Road.
A GMC Yukon traveling west on Jahnke Road tried to make a left turn, when it collided with a Nissan Titan traveling east on Jahnke Road. The collision caused the Nissan Titan to spin through the intersection and strike the young girl who was walking nearby. She was pronounced at the scene.
- One person killed, another wounded in Black Friday shooting at Arden Fair Mall
- CDC sets meeting on allocation of COVID-19 vaccine
- Nurse who came out of retirement to train others dies from COVID-19
- WATCH: Cute critters play with some pumpkins donated to the Mill Mountain Zoo in Roanoke
- Suspect arrested for two grocery store robberies in Henrico County