RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — CSX Transportation, one of the largest freight rail companies in the United States, has announced that track maintenance will shut down several roads in Richmond and Chesterfield for days at a time in February.
The closures will start on Jan. 31, and generally last 2-5 days as repairs are performed.
The majority of the projects are located in Richmond’s Southside, parallel to I-95 and Route 1.
- Feb. 2 – Intersection of Commerce Road and Bellemeade Road
- Feb. 3 – Ruffin Road between Commerce Road and Route 1
- Feb. 7 – Intersection of Bells Road and Phillip Morris Drive Way
- Feb. 9 – Dale Avenue between Commerce Road and Route 1
One road will also be closed near VCU Medical Center and two will be closed in eastern Chesterfield.
- Jan. 31 – Intersection of Hospital Road and 7th Street
- Feb. 25 – Intersection of Kingland Road and Chester Road
- Feb. 25 – Intersection of Brinkly Road and Chester Road
Drivers should be prepared for detours around the affected sites.