(WRIC) — In honor of Black History Month, Regal Cinemas and Focus Feature are offering free screenings of the movie, “Harriet,” the first feature film about Harriet Tubman.
Tickets are available at the Regal Commonwealth Stadium 20 & IMAX for two showings on February 4 and February 11. Showtimes are 7 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.
MORE NEWS ON ‘HARRIET’ FILM:
- How Virginia became filming location for highly-anticipated movie ‘Harriet’
- ‘It really gets the community excited’: Petersburg becoming Hollywood hot spot
- ‘Harriet,’ the first film about Tubman, premieres in Toronto
- WATCH: Locally filmed movie ‘Harriet’ releases first trailer
The film focuses on her escape from Maryland and returning raids from a year later.
The movie was filmed entirely in Virginia. Cynthia Erivo, who stars in the biopic as Harriet Tubman, has earned an Academy Award nomination for her role.
- StormTracker 8: More clouds tonight; Rain on Sunday
- Man linked to fatal shooting in Petersburg arrested
- NHL’s Coyotes dismiss draft pick who bullied Black classmate
- No. 1 Clemson rallies in 34-28 win over Boston College
- Raiders struggling on defense face Browns on Sunday