RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — The Richmond International Airport is expected to receive millions of dollars in funding for repairs and security updates.
The airport will receive more than $3 million in grant money. The grant is part of $800 million in federal funds allocated to airports across the country.
The grant money distributed to Richmond Airport will go towards repairs, which includes the rehabilitation of a taxiway, a deicing pad with associated facilities and the expansion of the airport apron, the area where aircraft are parked and boarded.
- Coronavirus relief: When will lawmakers reach deal on more help for Americans?
- A two-week shutdown is a possible option in Virginia to stunt COVID-19 spread after Thanksgiving
- Henrico woman pleads guilty to directing laser pointer at police plane
- Chesterfield police investigating stabbing
- US agency ascertains Biden as winner, lets transition begin