RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — The Richmond Fire Department fought a Northside apartment fire Saturday morning.
The department said the fire was at 2307 Cecil Road, and heavy fire was coming from the rear of the apartment.
They extinguished it from the attic of an adjacent apartment, causing a second alarm to be declared.
The department said four apartments were impacted by the fire and they contacted the Virginia Red Cross to possibly assist the 12 adults and five children who lived them.
There were no injuries or fatalities from the fire.
This is a breaking story, stay with 8News for updates.
- Virginia panel: move Lee statue from U.S Capitol to museum
- Mid-American Conference cancels fall football due to virus
- Candlelight Vigil for Lebanon to be held at Monroe Park tonight
- State and city leaders come together for ‘Conversations at the Monument’
- StormTracker 8: Isolated storms this afternoon