RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Bishop Gerald O. Glenn, the Founder and Pastor of New Deliverance Evangelistic Church, died Saturday from COVID-19 complications.
The church posted this on their Facebook:
It is with heavy hearts that we announce the passing of our beloved Bishop Gerald O. Glenn, the Founder and Pastor of New Deliverance Evangelistic Church on Saturday, April 11, 2020 @ 9:00 PM.
Please be in prayer with us for Mother Marcietia Glenn, our first family & the NDEC church family.
We ask that you respectfully allow our First Family to grieve in their own way.
We will announce final arrangements within the next few days.
Be blessed and don’t stop praying for one another.
“Then I heard a voice from heaven saying to me, “Write: ‘Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.’ ” — “Yes,” says the Spirit, “that they may rest from their labors, and their works follow them.”
Revelation 14:13 NKJV
Virginia Senator Tim Kaine weighed in after losing his friend:
- Residents react to six people shot near Richmond club, demand more police support in communities
- St. John’s Church hosts Independence Day ‘Liberty or Death’ Reenactment
- Biden says federal law enforcement will assist with hunt for July 4 shooter
- Ukraine, Zelensky wish US a happy July 4th, release video of military band playing ‘Star-Spangled Banner’
- Toronto Blue Jays remember Henrico teen killed in James River boating accident over Fourth of July weekend