RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — One person was killed and three others were injured following a motorcycle and vehicle collision in Richmond, 8News has learned.
Emergency crews were called to the 700 block of Jefferson Davis Highway, near Chicago Avenue just before 6:30 p.m. Wednesday for a crash with personal injury. A spokesperson with Richmond police says the collision occurred between an occupied Toyota Avalon and a motorcycle.
The three people inside the vehicle were taken to the hospital, police said. There, one person was pronounced dead.
According to police, the motorcyclist involved was taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.
A crash investigation is ongoing.
This is a developing story. Stay with 8News for updates.
- Hurricane Zeta brings rain to RVA on Thursday and Friday
- Disabled veterans explain tax break amendment on Virginia ballot
- Henrico board members approve emergency changes to four ‘at-risk’ polling locations to protect seniors
- Man accused of stealing vehicle with baby inside sought by Richmond police
- Chesterfield School Board asks community for input on elementary school name