RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — The Carolina Waterfowl Rescue announced that will not be taking Bird Park’s geese today.
Area news outlets originally reported that the group would be picking up the park’s geese on Sept. 26. However, on Thursday, Carolina Waterfowl Rescue said they would never adopt birds in a public and open event and weren’t even planning to adopting the geese that day.
The rescue group said they just wanted to hold them long enough to give them health checks and only adopt them after evaluating their family groups.
“Right now due to the public panic over the ‘adoption event’ we are putting on hold our plans to come capture the birds,” the group said in a Facebook post. “We will reconnect with the city on the best path for the geese.”
- 4 charged following unrest in Richmond Tuesday night
- Online purchase scams spike during the pandemic, according to new BBB report
- Big tech CEOs grilled in Senate hearing
- Hanover school district says 9K Chromebooks have arrived
- StormTracker 8: Weather Aware on Thursday for the remains of Zeta