(WRIC) — As stores closed as a result of the coronavirus pandemic, the ACME Paper and Supply Company warehouse on Jefferson Davis Highway in Richmond is open 24 hours a day.
ACME helps provide supplies for healthcare facilities, restaurants and colleges but the demand has since shifted towards healthcare institutions.
“The demand from healthcare institutions…has ramped up tremendously,” said CEO Ron Attman. “Our challenge has been to keep up with the demand and to make sure that our customers have the products they need when they need it.”
At the warehouse in Richmond, which distributes supplies all across the commonwealth, ACME is working around the clock.
“We’re open during the day receiving product and getting that in and put away,” Attman said. “Then in the evening, we prepare the loads to be shipped out.”
Attman knows the work can be challenging but told 8News it’s especially needed during this time. He adds that he is extremely thankful for every employee doing their part to keep supply moving.
“I’m really, really proud of the people that we have on our team that show up every day and get the job done” Attman said. “That really makes you feel good that you’re being able to serve the community like that at a time when they really need it.”
- Ohio family using slingshot to pass out trick-or-treat candy
- What you may not know about (not so) secret code names
- Ohio mail carrier accused of hiding 335 pieces of mail in car, including ballot application
- Judge orders 11-year-old boy behind bars to await trial for allegedly killing 6-year-old neighbor
- ‘Reject hate and division,’ Democratic VP nominee tells South Texas border rally